All about being a MOM Its a Mommy Blog!!!! Blogging is therapeutic ! Blogging is like a warm blanket, like a friend, who's always there to listen. Every mom's friend!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sleep Issues

The most difficult thing is to put babies to sleep in the night. Yesterday night Bhav n Gats woke up at 1AM and dint sleep till 2:30 AM. I and MIL tried every possible trick to put them back to sleep but they dint budge.
Bhavs got up crying, I tried to sooth her by nursing her...but she go back to sleep...she started crying and howling...I sang some songs but she dint want them. I took her out in other rooms , MIL got milk for her .Seeing the bottle she was again screaming..I tried to sooth her but she would not take the milk & not fall asleep. I tried to scare her ( which I hate to do) but even the doggie, catie, Chiaya, Koo Koo could help. She cried so loudly that Gats woke up.Gats smiled at me and looked at Bhavs...Mil called her...she dint go and crawled towards me. Bhav n Gats were delighted to see each other...they squealed in delight and hugged each other...and stared playing with each other.
I & MIL were sitting on the bed watching them ,feeling helpless, drowsy, and frustrated. Then we slowly tried to straighten our backs by lying down. Seeing us lying ...the Girls started fussing again...they both wanted to come in my lap at the same time. I tried to accommodate them ...but they were pushing each other out.Some how I managed to get them comfy and patted them , stared sing a song...they were quite..I thought that I 'll be able to sleep after 5 mins.Then, Gats stirred and sat, started crying....I again threatened them ( Catie will come, doggie will come) but she wont stop. Then I lost it ..I made her sit and told her that if she will not sleep Mummy will go to office( I hate my self for doing this).
She sobbed ...then I hugged her and told her that Mummy will not go to office , mummy loves her, and reluctantly nursed her....she hugged me and cling ed to me for an hour...mean while Bhavs was being patted by MIL and put to sleep.
Round 4 again both of them got up...to save my life I nursed them and they slept again.
In the morning both of them woke up fresh as a flower, cheerful and happy. I & MIL woke up half dead and exchange smiles looking at our bundle of Joy.
MIL Co sleeps with us when Ro is traveling. Babies have started circulating/ exploring the bed in the night. So two people are a must, else they would fall down.
Can some one hear my scream.
Help! need to know how to cope up with tough baby nights. I m planning to make them sleep on their own just need the ammunition to know how to do it.
Pls let me know what u think I should do.

1 comment:

ankurindia said...

hmm i sure you have enjoyed these all moments with your kids ...